Everybody repeats: “It’s easier to prevent wrinkles than to fight them later”. But how to prevent wrinkles under eyes, what is the best treatment for under eye lines, what ingredients to look for on the labels of the cosmetics? We will tell about it.
The first thing to remember is that biological and actual age are not the same. Based on statistics, the difference between them can reach 15 years. And almost a quarter of women’s skin looks older than its actual age.
The first evidence of aging wrinkles. These lines under eyes and grooves are the results of elastin and collagen loss. At first, they are thin and inconspicuous, eventually, the lines become deepen, transforming into folds and creases under eyes.
Causes of wrinkles under eyes.
Causes of early wrinkles may be both external and internal.
External wrinkles under eyes causes.
- Smoking, in addition to the general toxic effect, worsens microcirculation, reduces the antioxidant potential of the body, as a result, the skin becomes duller and coarser.
- Lack of sleep starts a whole cascade of hormonal reactions, worsening the skin. In addition, sleep deprivation means that the skin, like any other organ, does not have time to pass the necessary cycle of night recovery.
- Passion for tanning provokes photo-aging: pigmentation, wrinkles, dry skin.
- Lack of exercise impairs the metabolism and blood circulation in the skin and muscles (including face). On the other hand, too intense exercise can lead to hormonal imbalances caused by high fatigue.
- Unbalanced nutrition. A “hungry” diet, sudden weight loss or excessive fullness all contribute to early skin aging. For example, a lack of fat often leads to inadequate repair of the protective hydro-lipid mantle.
- Incorrect use of under-eye cosmetics. This is especially true for cleansing and bleaching agents that dry out the skin and dry skin under eyes causing wrinkles. Due to moisture loss, renewal processes are slowed down and the skin becomes weak.
- Genetic predisposition to early skin aging.
- Hormonal disorders (the amount of female sex hormones estrogen depends on the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid).
- Too active mimicry.
Types of early wrinkles under eyes.
Modern cosmetology divides early wrinkles into two types.
- Static – they are caused by various internal and external factors.
- Mimic – the main reasons for their appearance are clear from the name.
Among the various types of aging morphotypes are fine lines and wrinkles, its dominant feature being that the skin is dry.
- “Goose’s feet” we owe both the squinting habit and the accelerated aging processes. Very thin and delicate, with minimal pores and sebaceous glands, the skin around the eyes loses its elasticity first.
The best treatments for under eye wrinkles.
“Watch your facial expressions, wear sunglasses, use anti-aging creams for the eye contour.”
From cosmetic products will help creams: moisturizing, nourishing, with filler effect.
11 steps to prevent under eye wrinkles.
Our task is to prolong the skin’s ability to regenerate itself as much as possible.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle: eat properly, move more, try to sleep, avoid stress.
- Control the hormonal background, see a gynecologist and endocrinologist once a year.
- Take care of your skin. Remember: Cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing is the minimum program you need. And overnight care shouldn’t be ignored either.
- Apply cosmetics along the massage lines, this will help to avoid stretching the skin.
- Drink the water. Loss of moisture is one of the main causes of early wrinkles, and even oily skin can be dehydrated.
- Do not sunbathe without sunscreen.
- Protect the skin from adverse weather conditions – frost, wind, temperature fluctuations.
- Correct the effects of photoaging (hyperkeratosis, pigmentation, early wrinkles) with retinol and retinoids. Use them in autumn and winter.
- Do not disregard eye skincare products.
- Keep an eye on the facial expressions.
- Do self-massage and facial gymnastics. They strengthen facial muscles, improve blood circulation and nourish the skin
Best cosmetic procedure for under eye wrinkles.
1. Fraction laser.
Laser treatments can reduce the depth of wrinkles around the eyes, stimulate the generation of collagen cells, make the skin smoother. The method is based on the effect on the skin of the laser beam, which creates a high temperature and causes micro-damage of the skin. Laser action stimulates enhanced skin renewal and the generation of new cells, due to which the skin begins to actively renew itself.
Usually, chemical peelings are not applied to the skin around the eyes, as they are too aggressive for such a delicate area. But some peelings are created to work out only in this area: for example, this peeling is based on lactic acid (has moisturizing parts) and glycol (renewal effect). The course of such peelings helps eliminate fine lines and reduce deep wrinkles around the eyes.
3. Filler and Botox Injections.
Fillers are products based on hyaluronic acid, which makes the area mussels to relax and decrease the presence of creases. Millers fill the skin folds and correcting them. Although, the fact that working with the area around the eyes is a highly delicate procedure, so it is better to refer to doctors and specialists of centers of medical cosmetology.